Saturday, September 25, 2010

The importance of headphones

Since I no longer have a serene writing space, which is a real bummer, I had to find a way to create one, or at least a way to block out the ambient noise of televisions, people talking on telephones, dogs barking, the world breathing.... You get the picture.

I can't write with all that noise, but I have always been able to write encased in music as long as it is loud. I know, this probably doesn't make any sense, but writing may not make any sense on any level, anyway, so there you go.

The answer appears to be noise-canceling headphones, with the music from my iTunes cranked up and the noise-canceling feature turned on. No, I don't know how that works and don't care.

But it works wonderfully. I am a key-pounder and I cannot even hear myself type.

I didn't buy the expensive kind. Those ones from Bose cost hundreds of dollars. I just went to Wal-Mart and I think they were something like 50 bucks. They may not be quite as fancy, but they do the trick just fine.

Yours in rejection,

Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment