Saturday, June 26, 2010

You Can't Rollerskate in a Buffalo Herd

Ray Stevens wrote and sang that instant classic. They just don't make them like that any more.

You can't write in a buffalo herd either. Well, anything you write has a funny smell to it, sort of like what those buffalo leave behind.

Which is to say that you need solitude to write. I haven't been getting any solitude lately and I haven't been writing much. When it is 11:30 p.m. before you get to be alone, the brain is already whining for rest.

I need solitude. I'm not asking for much, but a few hours would be nice. Even one hour a night would be nice. My next step is to buy some of those noise-canceling headphones and then maybe some blinders so I can only see straight ahead.

Yours in rejection,

Phil

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could give you some of my time! Your humor is very funny and I love reading it.

    ReplyDelete