Wednesday, June 30, 2010

What's in that envelope?

I'm very experienced in rejection, but I don't know a hang about acceptance so I couldn't say for sure if getting back self-stamped, self-addressed envelope always means a rejection. It just always has for me.

Ah, but hope springs eternal from every unopened envelope, so I run my fingers along the outside up and down. Is this one a little thicker than the others, I ask myself.

Could it be a request for a partial or even a full??

No it couldn't be. Sometimes it is a card, sometimes it is just a thick piece of paper.

Just happened again today with a query I had forgotten about from weeks ago. Felt thick, so maybe it is a good sign. Maybe, maybe, maybe...

Nope, just another rejection and a form one at that.

Darn nice piece of stationary, though. Really thick paper.

Yours in rejection,

Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment