Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Crazy or brilliant?

In the course of writing novels - even ones that are in terminal rejection - you always run into problems, large and small. I have a big problem with KSA - a deal-breaker - but I think I have found a solution.

But I ran into a smaller problem when writing last night, so much so that I packed it in a little earlier than I normally would have.

So today I got an idea that is either, as the title says, crazy or brilliant. I'm going to let the character work it out himself.

Here's the situation: I am at a point where I don't know exactly what I want the next step to be, how I want the character to proceed. Part of this character's make-up is being unsure of himself and not believing in himself. Also, some inability to act.

So I decided to let the character make the decision himself. He is going to write it down a strategy on a notepad about what makes the most sense.

Will this work? Don't have a clue, but I'm going to try. Let my left brain (or is that the right brain) come up with a solution.

Best guess is that it will move me past a logjam enough to keep going but will take some serious rewriting later.

As to whether this is crazy or brilliant, I need only refer you to the title of this blog.

Yours in rejection,

Phil

1 comment:

  1. Is there a difference between crazy and brilliant?

    ReplyDelete