Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A solution? Maybe

I've mentioned several times that I had a major problem with KSA, Ltd., to the point that I worried I was going to write 30,000 words and just have to stop cold, not being able to write any more on this particular rejection project.

I've lost sleep over this. Spent a lot of nights staring up at the ceiling trying to think of a way for my "hero" to actually be a Knight in Shining Armor. I'm now at about 17,000 words, probably on my way to roughly 80,000-85,000 which would make me almost one-fourth done. I am not at a point in the narrative where this must be decided, but I can see it in the horizon, so I was beginning to get antsy.

But this morning an idea came to me out of the blue and it makes total sense with my character and how he would act. Not only that, but it covers a topic I know a great deal about, at least in the emotional sense.

Now it is just an idea, so there are not any guarantees just yet. Furthermore, it is pretty vague at this moment. Instead of calling it an idea, I should call it an idea of an idea. That's how unformed it is.

But that is a lot more than I had yesterday. Hooray for me.

Yours in rejection,

Phil

1 comment:

  1. So you are not going to tell us anything?????? The suspense is killing me.

    ReplyDelete